Pension Credit - do you qualify for a free TV licence?
Published on 03 August 2020 08:18 PM
Once your current free over 75 TV licence runs out, you will only be eligible for a free over 75 TV licence if you are receiving Pension Credit Guarantee Credit.
Pension Credit is a welfare benefit for people who are over state pension age (both of you need to be over state pension age if you are married or have a partner who lives with you).
We know that two in five people entitled to claim Pension Credit do not do so. Now is the time to check whether you might be eligible.
Am I eligible for Pension Credit?
To check if you are eligible and to apply for Pension Credit, you will need to find the following:
- National Insurance number
- Bank account details
- Information about your income, savings and investments
- Information about your pensions (if you have any)
- Details of any housing costs (such as mortgage, interest payments, service charges)
- The same details for your partner (if you have a partner who lives with you)
How to apply
If you can get online, the Age UK benefits calculator is easy to use.
If you already think you are eligible, you can apply online here or call the Pension Credit claim line on 0800 99 1234.
Help and support
If you are unsure and need someone to check on your behalf – call our Age UK Oxfordshire helpline on 0345 450 1276 (10am – 4pm, Monday to Friday) or the national Age UK Helpline on 0800 169 65 65 (8am – 7pm daily).