If your mouth or teeth are sore, or your dentures don’t fit properly, eating and drinking can become difficult.
Follow the tips below to keep your mouth healthy:
- Brush natural teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, speak to your dentist if you are finding this difficult
- If you have a dry mouth, your doctor, dentist or pharmacist can give you saliva replacement
- Avoid sugary food or drink after brushing your teeth
- Visit your dentist at least once every year and ask about fluoride varnish and high fluoride toothpaste
- If you have an ulcer or lump in your mouth for more than 3 weeks see your dentist straight away
Mouth Care Matters
There are great videos and resources from Mouthcare Matters.
To access the new service provided by Greater Manchester Dental Alliance ltd. You can freephone on 0333 3323800.