This policy applies when you visit or use our website, apps and services and sets out the basis on which we, Age UK Thanet, will process any personal and/or sensitive personal data we collect from you, or which you provide to us in the course of using our site.
Age UK Thanet is a charitable company limited by guarantee (registered company number 08398889; registered charity number 1151398) and whose registered address is Randolph House, Zion Place, Margate, Kent CT9 1RP. We are also registered with the Information Commissioners Officer number Z3387878. Age UK Thanet is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security and we strive to embody best practice in good information governance and data protection.
We want to tell you that:
- The person responsible for data protection and compliance with data protection legislation is Vanessa Wood, and you can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you ever want to know what information we hold about you, you can ask for it (make a subject access request) using the contact details above.
- We are trained in the use and handling of personal information, and we keep all personal information safe, secure and up to date at all times.
- We collect information about you that you provide to us.
The kind of information we hold includes:
- Contact details including address and telephone number;
- Next of kin and family contact details;
- Gender; and
- Limited but necessary medical and health information
We also automatically collect the following data, including cookies:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data including the features you used, the settings you selected and pages you visited;
We use personal information for the following reasons:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- Send newsletters from time to time;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner;
- To advise people about our services and invite them to take advantage of what we offer;
- To administer our business and support those who work with us; and
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- We do not share information we hold about people with anyone else. For example, we do not buy or sell mailing lists. However, we would disclose information on request to the Police or any other statutory authority or regulator who has a reasonable need for these data to effectively conduct their business e.g. criminal investigations.
- We will only keep information about you during the term of our contract and following termination, for 6 years, unless you choose to stay subscribed to our newsletter, from which you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Age UK Thanet has a comprehensive Data Protection Policy, please ask if you wish to see a copy.
- If you are not happy with how we manage your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by phone on 0303 123 1113