Many older people need your support. Please help us to help them by registering as a volunteer at for Age UK Thanet today.
Do you have some time to spare? Have you always wanted to do something rewarding/meaningful and to give something back to your local community?
- Have fun doing something new
- Boost confidence and learn new skills
- Support your local community
- Sense of satisfaction
- Make new friends
- Increase career prospects
We currently have a range of volunteering roles available including:
- Information and advice Volunteer - To perform benefit checks and assist with form filling (blue badge etc.)
- Volunteer Receptionist - To assist with answering calls both in person and on the phone for our signposting service.
- Volunteer Social Buddies - To visit older people in their homes for a cuppa and a chat.
- Volunteer Drivers/Escorts - To assist with the collection and pick up of our clients and assist with meal deliveries as required.
- Sunshine Saturday Volunteer - to work on a Saturday from 10.30am-2.30pm assisting with activities, helping serve meals etc.
All volunteers are provided with basic training and are police (DBS) checked. Travel expenses paid.
We would like to hear from you if you think you can help in any way, please call in or contact the office using the details below.
Louise Collins, Volunteer Coordinator
Age UK Thanet
Margate CT9 1RP
Phone: 01843 223881