Our mission is to promote the well-being of all older people and to help make later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Values and principles underpin what we do, why we do it, and guide how we work to achieve our mission. Our underlying principles are:
- Ageism is unacceptable: we are against all forms of unfair discrimination, and challenge unfair treatment on grounds of age.
- All people have the right to make decisions about their lives: we help older people to discover and exercise these rights.
- People less able to help themselves should be offered support: we seek to support older people to live their lives with dignity.
- Diversity is valued in all that we do: we recognise the diversity of older people and their different needs, choices, cultures and values.It is only through working together that we can use our local, regional and national presence to the greatest effect.
Our work is also guided by a set of values:
- Enabling: we enable older people to live independently and exercise choice.
- Influential: we draw strength from the voices of older people, and ensure that those voices are heard.
- Dynamic: we are innovative and driven by results and constantly deliver for older people.
- Caring: we are passionate about what we do and care about each individual.
- Expert: we are authoritative, trusted and quality-orientated.