At Age UK Bath and North East Somerset, we are many things to many people: a source of advice, information, companionship and support.
Who we are
Age UK Bath & North East Somerset is a local, independent charity supporting older people in Bath & North East Somerset. Although part of the Age UK family, all the money we raise is used to support people in B&NES. We rely on the generosity of the local community, businesses and people just like you to help us keep our services running.
Our vision is that all older people in B&NES live the later life they want - healthier, happier and more fulfilling.
- To provide a voice for older people and seek to challenge age discrimination, guided by the strength and voice of older people themselves
- To construct a strong network of volunteers and members who are active in our communities.
- To work together with our members of staff to ensure that older people are as healthy, satisfied and comfortable as possible
- To ensure that older people have opportunities to participate and contribute as valued members of their communities.
- To keep listening to the older community and aim to provide the ongoing services and support they need.
- To make Bath and North East Somerset a great place to live later life.
Where you can find us?
We support and provide services for older people across the whole of Bath and North East Somerset but our main office is in Bath.
OPEN: 9-3.30pm daily
CALL US: 01225 466135
What we do
Age UK B&NES is currently partnering with various organisations across Europe, as part of Erasmus+ education funding.
The following two projects are now completed, watch this space for a new one relating to the care of people with dementia – D-Care (Respect and Respite).
GROWMAT (Growing the Market in Accessible Tourism). The object of the project was to create new business opportunities in Accessible Tourism for older people and others, particularly extending the out-of-season market. There are many active older people, with time in their retirement, and this is a new market-place. Innovative educational programs will continue to assist in forming opportunities for entrepreneurs and existing businesses, and creating new employment for young people. Visit http://growmat.eu/ to find out more.
TECHSenior (Technology for Assisting Seniors) - the Internet is all pervasive and discussed all the time by people and in all forms of media; many older people feel they are getting left behind. This project encouraged and trained older people so that they did not feel excluded by the general society around them. There are many advantages for older people – visit http://techsenior.eu/ to find out more
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsi¬ble for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.