Age UK Bolton is one of the area’s most significant, dynamic and highly regarded charities, and the leading voluntary sector organisation, working with and on behalf of Bolton’s over 50 population.
We are also proud to be a brand partner of the influential national Age UK charity. We work hard with all communities of older people - those who are active and independent and those who are frailer and more dependent - to meet their changing needs and aspirations.
Our charity occupies two sites:
New shopfront premises at The Square, 53-55 Victoria Square, Bolton BL1 1RZ
Learning and Activities Centre, Cross Street, Farnworth, BL4 7AG
The Charity is largely self-funding thanks to the success of our established trading company. A voluntary Board of Trustees, made up of representatives of our local statutory, community and business partnerships, and our service users, works closely with senior staff members, to ensure the effective financial and strategic management of the charity.
Many of our existing services, and those currently being developed, are the product of existing or emerging partnerships with a wide range of organisations. These take various forms but all are highly prized.
- Being a brand partner of Age UK
- A funding partnership with Bolton Council
- A support in kind partnership with NHS Bolton (formerly known as Bolton Primary Care Trust)
- Partnerships with a wide range of community and other voluntary organisations and most important of all, our partnership with older people and volunteers.
The Charity's current priorities are:
- To continue to provide a comprehensive and imaginative portfolio of services and activities that promote older people’s independence and well-being
- To work with older people, those who represent them and partner organisations to identify, and determine how best to meet, their changing needs and aspirations, within the charity’s resources
- To work with others to reduce ageism and to diminish the incidence of age discrimination experienced by older people
- To sustain and, where possible, grow income streams to achieve the above