Why not volunteer with Age UK Bolton. Every volunteer helps to make a difference to an older person in Bolton.
Volunteers play a vital role in all aspects of the charity's work. Without them, many, if not all of our services would cease to exist. Volunteers also work alongside staff members and those who use our services, to improve what we do and how we do it. They also help to inform and shape the development of new services and initiatives.
Volunteers are offered:
- a detailed induction and introduction to the charity's work
- a follow-up programme of in-service training, tailored to their individual needs and chosen voluntary activity
- and, importantly, on-going support and guidance
And what do volunteers get out of it? Well, in their words:
- "the satisfaction of knowing I've made a positive difference in someone's life."
- "valuable and rewarding experience and the opportunity to use existing skills and to learn new ones."
- "the chance to make new friends - amongst the staff, my fellow volunteers and, importantly, those who use Age UK Bolton's services."
- "...and the lovely parties and social outings that the charity organises, by way of thanking us for what we do. I can recommend volunteering with Age UK Bolton to anyone and everyone. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made."
To find out more about the current range of Volunteering opportunities with Age UK Bolton, please ring 01204 701525 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We now have the following volunteer roles available:
- Ambition for Ageing Ambassador
- Assistant Keyboard Tutor
- Community Reporter
- Enhanced Day Care companion
- Home from Hospital Service
- Marketing & Promotion Volunteer
- Snack Bar Assistant
- Volunteers in Care Homes
What do you need to do to become a volunteer?
You will find many roles on offer. If you click on each one above, the role description, any skills or qualifications required and time commitment will be detailed. Once you have an idea of the type of volunteering you would like to do, you will need to complete an application form. You can either download one from the link below or contact us on 01204 701525 and we can send one to you via email or through the post. Some of our roles require a DBS check but all roles require you to provide at least 2 references.
For further information, or for an informal discussion, please email email@example.com or call 01204 701525.
Alternatively, you can download and complete a Volunteer Application Form and send it to the details above or the address on the form.
For more general information about our volunteering opportunities visit our page on the the Do It UK website
Our volunteers give freely, reliably and flexibly of their time, energy, experience and considerable skills for the benefit of older people
Who can volunteer?
Almost anyone can be a volunteer. We have a wide range of roles which suit different people and different skills.
How much time do I need to give?
It depends on the volunteer role you are interested in. Some people give an hour a week, others do more.