Veterans Intergenerational Project
Published on 23 August 2019 09:59 AM
The aim of our Veterans Intergenerational Project is to link Veterans with Cadets and the Armed Forces to help reduce social isolation and improve health and wellbeing. Age UK Bolton have been working closely with partner agencies including Bolton Council, the Armed Forces Covenant, Emmaus Bolton, Cadets and The British Army.
Since February Veterans and Cadets have taken part in a variety of activities, such as Afternoon Tea, a 75th Anniversary D-Day Celebration Tea Dance, a Raising the Flag ceremony, Armed Forces Day, a trip to the National Memorial Arboretum and a fabulous tour around Nelson Street Barracks.
July 20th 2019 saw the official launch of the Project, our Veterans and their families were treated to lunch with the Mayor of Bolton, Cllr Hilary Fairclough. Veterans also had the opportunity to tour the Mayor’s Parlour, official rooms, and town regalia.
There are still lots of events planned over the coming months, and opportunities to join us.
- Sunday 6th October 2019 - An Evening with Simon Weston
- Date to be confirmed - Afternoon Tea at Satterley’s
- Thursday 7th November 2019 - Festival of Remembrance
- Saturday 7th December 2019 - Christmas Party
- 18th or 19th January 2020 - Imperial War Museum tour
- February 2020 - Celebration of the close of the project and tour of the memorial room at Bolton Town Hall
If you or a family member have served in the Armed Forces or took part in National Service then contact us on 01204 701525 or email email@example.com