Age UK Bolton began life as a voluntary organisation, and volunteers remain at the very heart of the charity's work and service provision. Totalling more than 300 in number and increasing year by year, our team of volunteers is made up of people of all ages, from diverse backgrounds and represents the rich mix of Bolton's communities. Our volunteers give freely, reliably and flexibly of their time, energy, experience and considerable skills for the benefit of older people.
For more information about how to get involved in volunteering with Age UK Bolton, take a look at our many volunteering roles either by clicking here or at the foot of this page. There are so many different roles available and every one of these is helping to make a difference to an older person in Bolton. Don't delay, help us to help those who are lonely and isolated and give them a reason to get up each morning.
Volunteers play a vital role in all aspects of the charity's work. Without them, many, if not all of our services would cease to exist. Volunteers also work alongside staff members and those who use our services, to improve what we do and how we do it. They also help to inform and shape the development of new services and initiatives.
Volunteers are offered:
- a detailed induction and introduction to the charity's work
- a follow-up programme of in-service training, tailored to their individual needs and chosen voluntary activity
- and, importantly, on-going support and guidance
And what do volunteers get out of it? Well, in their words:
- "the satisfaction of knowing I've made a positive difference in someone's life."
- "valuable and rewarding experience and the opportunity to use existing skills and to learn new ones."
- "the chance to make new friends - amongst the staff, my fellow volunteers and, importantly, those who use Age UK Bolton's services."
- "...and the lovely parties and social outings that the charity organises, by way of thanking us for what we do. I can recommend volunteering with Age UK Bolton to anyone and everyone. It's one of the best decisions I've ever made."
To find out more about the current range of Volunteering opportunities with Age UK Bolton, please ring 01204 382411.
We now have the following volunteer roles available:
- Ambition for ageing ambassador
- Assistant keyboard tutor
- Day care companion
- General activity leader
- Home from hospital volunteer
- Insurance arranger
- Lunch club assistant
- Reminiscence volunteer
For full information about the above roles click here
For more general information about our volunteering opportunities visit our page on the the Do It UK website
Find out about what happened in Volunteers' Week