Things are changing all the time and to help people keep up, we are producing a regular newsletter. Previous editions are listing in the column to the left.
Our newsletter comes out on on the second and fourth Friday of the month. Sign up at our subscription page.
We will also update people with latest news on
Coronavirus websites for Bury residents
For information about vaccinations in Bury, go to https://www.bury.gov.uk/coronavirus-vaccine
To find out about how to get a test for coronavirus, please go to the Bury Council website: https://www.bury.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=15451
For help with shopping and collecting prescriptions, help from the Bury Community Hubs is available: https://www.bury.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=15300
For all those questions about Coronavirus, and how it affects your life, please check out the Age UK FAQ website: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/coronavirus/
Help from our National Partner, Age UK
- The Age UK Advice Line is 0800 678 1602 from 8 am to 7 pm, every day of the year.
- If you would just like to have a friendly natter with another person, please call The Silver Line 24 hours a day on 0800 470 80 90.
We are extremely grateful to all who have supported us at this time.
- Age UK for the support from the Coronavirus Appeal
- Avoira, a leading telecommunications firm in Bury, for supporting our telephone befriending scheme;
- Bury Council for the administration of grants to support local businesses
- Forever Manchester for supporting our advice line and Key Safe service
- Horsfield and Smith for their help with our payroll through this difficult time
- Miller Harris for their donation of soups and hand wash to older people in Bury
- Ron at Infotec, Bury for IT support
- Sport England for their support to the Jubilee Centre, whilst it is closed