Support older adults by alleviating loneliness and isolation, supporting independence, and increasing self-confidence, by making weekly or fortnightly visits to a client living in the borough of Croydon
Befriending is currently being carried out by telephone or Zoom, and we will continue to recruit remote volunteers when visiting resumes. For those interested in befriending a Memory Tree Cafe attendee, we expect attendance at a Cafe session before being matched to a client. Contact the Volunteer Programme if you would like more information.
What is expected of me?
- Providing companionship in the client's home, or regular phone calls
- Giving weekly updates of visits to the Befriending Coordinator
- Good listening skills and an interest in people
- Willingness to adhere to Age UK Croydon's policies and procedures
What will I get out of it?
- The joy of getting to know someone new
- Training, and regular support and supervision
- Travel expenses where applicable
- The opportunity to take part in our Volunteering Programme events