Support older adults by alleviating loneliness and isolation, supporting independence, and increasing self-confidence, by making weekly or fortnightly visits to a client living in the borough of Croydon
What is expected of me?
- Providing companionship in the client's home
- Giving weekly updates of visits to the Befriending Coordinator
- Good listening skills and an interest in people
- Willingness to adhere to Age UK Croydon's policies and procedures
What will I get out of it?
- The satisfaction of alleviating loneliness isolation
- Training, and regular support and supervision
- Travel expenses where applicable
- The opportunity to take part in our Volunteering Programme events