Skip to content

Couple on a beach

Age Cymru West Glamorgan is committed to being there for local people who need us. If you decide to leave a gift in your will to us, you will be supporting us to make life better for adults across Swansea, Neath Port Talbot, Port Talbot and Bridgend.

From £5 to £5,000, every penny you gift to us helps us to ensure that no one feels vulnerable and alone.

Not sure how to make a gift in your will?

We've put together a handful of helpful tips;

  • Making a will needn't be expensive - download our Wills factsheet below to find out about discounted or free will making services.
  • If you already have a will, it's not too late - you can add an amendment (codicil) bequeathing a gift to Age Cymru West Glamorgan.
  • You can leave a residuary gift - a share of your estate after taxes and debts have been paid.
  • Donate as little as 1% of your estate to Age Cymru West Glamorgan - every gift leaves a lasting impact.
  • Leave a pecuniary gift - a fixed amount of money.
  • Or a specific gift, such as a property, a painting or antique, or stocks and shares.

Every single gift  is vital to Age Cymru West Glamorgan and we appreciate any gift you may choose to leave us after taking care of your family and friends. Whatever the value of your gift, it will go a long way to help someone who needs us.

How to leave a gift in your will

Having a will and keeping it up-to-date helps ensure that your wishes can be respected and your property and assets benefit people and causes you really care about. We would always recommend that you speak to a qualified professional such as a solicitor, when making or amending your will.

Your solicitor will be able to advise you on the required wording to carry out your wishes. If you wish to leave a gift to Age Cymru West Glamorgan in your will, all you need is our charity details below:

Age Cymru West Glamorgan, Forge Fach Community Resource Centre, Hebron Road, Clydach, SA6 5EJ
and our registered charity number 1140989.

If you already have a will

If you already have a will and you want to include a gift to Age Cymru West Glamorgan in it, there may not be need to rewrite it. You can ask a qualified professional such as a solicitor to add an amendment (called a codicil). As a general rule, if the change you wish to make is quite small or simple, you can use a codicil, and if the change is more significant or complex you should make a new will.

What kind of gift can I leave to Age Cymru West Glamorgan?

You can leave a specific sum of money or an item such as jewellery or a piece of art. Or you can leave a share in, or all of, what's left of the value of your estate after family and friends have been taken care of. The advantage of leaving a share (also known as residuary gift) is that it remains the same over time, and you won't need to change your will to keep up with inflation.

Contact us to find out more

If you are interested in leaving a gift in your will and want more information, please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to talk to you further.