Matlock Hard of Hearing Club has been going for over 40 years and is the only one in the area. There is a membership of approx. 50, and usually around 35 - 40 attend providing an important group for many people. The Club is currently looking for a new Secretary and Treasurer. Without both of these roles, unfortunately the club will have to close.
The club meets once a month on the first Monday, except when it's a bank holiday, then it's the second Monday.
They have speakers for about 7 meetings. On others they have outings, one for a whole day, two half days, one is a mystery tour plus a WI tea somewhere, one is Christmas lunch another is a strawberry tea.
Several members are 'hearing' - the club is allowed to have a certain percentage.
Here is more information about the roles:
- Keep a record of the finances of the club.
- Make Grant Funding applications for the club.
- Report into committee meetings.
- Make sure the club has the right financial procedures in place.
- Take minutes in club committee meetings.
- Keep file of past minutes and reports.
- Lets people know when and where the next meeting is and what it is about.
- Helps to prepare agendas for meetings with the Chairperson.
- Writes and receives letters on behalf of the group.
- Keeps a record of membership.
Fore more information, please contact Irene Brown on firstname.lastname@example.org