EAS – Free confidential advice for residents of Ealing
The Ealing Advice Service (EAS) consortium offers free and confidential advice and support. They can offer advice in these areas:
- Welfare benefits including Universal Credit, ESA, PIP, Attendance Allowance, Pension Credit, Benefit and Tax Credits
- Housing Issues
- Council Tax Issues
- Transport and Travel concessions, including Blue Badge applications
- Social Care advice including communicating with social services
- Advice and support for parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs
- Disability rights
- BSL advice for the deaf community
- Immigration advice (OISC Level 1)
- Debt advice and money management
- Employment advice
- Advice related to emergency services during the COVID19 / Coronavirus outbreak
- Consumer, contract, and general advice
EAS can help with telephone calls, understanding letters, written and online applications, online bidding for social housing, form filling, preparing for appeals and tribunals and speaking with professionals.
Unfortunately, they cannot accompany you to assessments, represent a person in tribunals or provide advocacy services.
During the COVID19 outbreak EAS is currently unable to provide face to face advice or home visits and the drop-in will not be running until further notice.
To be eligible to get support from EAS you must live in Ealing and not be receiving assistance from another service about your inquiry.
If you have been placed in temporary accommodation in, or by, a neighbouring borough there are restrictions to the service we can offer. Please call the service for more information.
Telephone Advice Service
Please call our main number for initial telephone advice on 0208 579 8429 (option 1). Our telephone advice service is open:
10.00am to 4.00pm – Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays & Fridays
If we cannot resolve your inquiry during the initial telephone call, we will arrange for a caseworker to contact you or we will refer you to another organisation who might be able to help you.
You can also send details of your inquiry to EAS via email, the website, or by visiting the Age UK Ealing office.
Please be aware that the service is closed on weekends, banks holidays and the period between Christmas and New Year.
Ealing Advice Service is delivered in partnership with:
- Age UK Ealing
- Ealing Mencap
- Ealing Advice Forum
- Ealing Centre for Independent Living
- Family Action
- Havelock Family Centre
- Mind in Ealing and Hounslow
- Nucleus Legal Advice Action
- Parents of Ealing Self-Help Training Scheme
And is funded by:
- London Borough of Ealing
- NHS Ealing