We provide a whole range of exciting opportunities and interesting approaches to better health.
Other projects and activities in Newham
The One Newham Vision is to create a strong and collaborative Voluntary and Community Sector which puts the people of Newham at its heart.
What is One Newham?
One Newham is a new entity that will tender for and manage contracts and grants on behalf of consortia of local voluntary and community organisations.
It has been set up by local voluntary and community organisations because we are committed to bringing significant new funding into the borough and to ensuring that the voluntary and community sector can continue to play a key role in improving the lives of local people.
We will deliver high quality services through local organisations which share opportunities and responsibilities and are rooted in the community, in order to improve the lives of local people.
We believe that the creation of One Newham will open up new contracting and grant opportunities, promote joint working and encourage organisational learning and development for its members.
One Newham’s Board is made up of local voluntary and community organisations who are members of One Newham.
One Newham will be established as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), registered with the Charity Commission.
Why is One Newham Important?
The organisations that have set up One Newham want to:
• Ensure that services are person-centred and that the user voice and need is at the heart of all provision.
• Ensure Newham residents have access to consistent, accessible, high-quality and well-resourced services, expanding the service offer through increased delivery capacity and identifying and plugging gaps in supply.
• Secure funding and contracts to support One Newham member organisations to become, or continue to be, sustainable.
• Increase the capacity for consortium members to be more involved in the design and delivery of services and to be able to influence and shape public sector strategic policy.
• Develop new ways of joint working and pilot innovative approaches.
• Raise the profile of all member organisations.
• Achieve economies of scale and exploit efficiency savings.
• Encourage place based approaches.
• Provide innovative approaches to public service delivery.