Getting sponsorship for your fundraising activites has never been easier thanks to the likes of Virgin Money Giving and Just Giving. These websites let you set up your own fundraising page that you can direct your supporters to so they can easily sponsor you with just a few clicks of a mouse or a few taps of a screen.
To help you set up an online fundraising page simply follow the instructions below.
- Go to http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/
- In the top-right corner click on ‘SIGN IN’ and then 'Register'
- Fill in all the boxes marked with an * and click 'Next'
- Fill in your date of birth, create a password, confirm your password and click on 'Next'
- Under 'My account' click on ‘Create a new fundraising page’
- Select ‘Personal challenge’ and either choose a challenge from the options or select ‘other’ and enter details of your challenge in the box provided.
- Enter the location and date the challenge will be completed.
- From the drop-down box select the period you want sponsorship money to be collected after the challenege has finished and specify whether you are fundraising on your own or with others and click ‘Next’
- Enter "Age UK Exeter" in the search box and click ‘search’. Select Age UK Exeter from the list of results.
- Enter the amount you intend to raise, specify that Age UK Exeter is not contributing to the cost and click ‘Next’.
- The next page specifies your unique web address for your fundraising page which you can share with your supporters. Simply click ‘next’ and then click on ‘Create my page’.
- Congratualtions! You have now created a fundraising page.