Privacy Statement – Age UK Exeter
Who we are
We are Age UK Exeter, whose office is at 138 Cowick Street, Exeter, EX4 1HS. We have activities throughout Exeter but all are part of our organisation.
Age UK Exeter is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide us with your personal information we will treat that information in accordance with this statement, our terms and conditions and current data protection legislation.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This statement may change from time to time, so please check this page periodically.
Who will see your personal data
- We promise not to share your details with any other organisation unless there are immediate concerns about potential abuse or physical harm or where an indictable offence may have been committed. Then, and only then, we may share details with the relevant agencies upon the authorisation of the Chief Executive (or other senior manager) of Age UK Exeter.
In providing assistance through our Information & Advice Service we may need to contact other agencies on your behalf – your signed authorisation will always be sought before we do this.
- We will never give your data away or sell it to anyone.
What information we keep and why?
- We process personal data relating to clients, supporters, staff, volunteers and trustees of our organisation. This is to allow us to offer services, products and help and guidance to our clients and to be able to keep people up to date with our work and plans.
- If you are in receipt of one or more of our services we will hold your data for six years after you cease to receive a service. At this time all paper records will be destroyed and computerised records will be anonymised.
- If you are a supporter of Age UK Exeter we will hold information about your donations but two years after you stop supporting us or as soon as you withdraw your consent we will anonymise your data. This means that details of your donations will be kept but your personal data will be deleted. This is for historical and statistical purposes only and it is not possible to identify an individual from this data
Unsubscribing from communications or changing the way you wish to hear from us
- You can unsubscribe from communications from us at any time by writing to us at Age UK Exeter, 138 Cowick Street, Exeter, EX4 1HS, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us on 01392 202092.
- If you change your preferences of the way you would like to hear from us, eg you would prefer to receive an email rather than by post, you can do so by either emailing us at email@example.com or telephoning us on 01392 202092.
- If you use your credit or debit card to make a payment to us or make a donation online, your card information is collected by our partner organisation, Blackbaud Merchant Services, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. This information is encrypted and protected with 128 Bit encryption software on SSL .
- When you give us personal and/or sensitive information we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely and with respect. Information will be held on one or both of our two databases hosted by our partner organisations, Dizions Ltd and Blackbaud, and we have satisfied ourselves that their practices are compliant with this privacy statement and current data protection legislation.
- You have the right to ask to see any data that Age UK Exeter holds about you in either paper or computerised formats. You should put your request in writing to:
Age UK Exeter
138 Cowick Street
- We will respond to your request within 30 days.
- You have the right to expect the data we hold about you to be accurate and can ask for any inaccuracies to be corrected.
- You have the right to erasure of personal data (aka the ‘right to be forgotten’).
- You have the right to lodge a complaint and can do so by writing to:
Age UK Exeter
138 Cowick Street
Or you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01392 202092 and speak to one of our customer advisers who will put you in touch with a member of the senior management team who will oversee your complaint.
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113.
Use of ‘cookies’ on our website
You can find out what cookies the Age UK Exeter website use in the table below.
||This functional cookie remembers the individual's colour and location preferences so that next time they use the site these are displayed rather than the sites default settings.
||When you access this website a cookie is generated with a unique session ID. This cookie will expire when the browser is closed.
||This cookie enables Age UK's Intellitracker software that helps us analyse information such as visitor numbers and browser usage so we can continue to improve your experience of our website.
||The information in this cookie is used to track the activities of individuals who have visited this site via third-party websites.
|__utma / __utmb / __utmc / __utmz
||Age UK uses a tool called Google Analytics to give us statistical data on the performance of our website. These cookies are placed by Google Analytics.
What happens when visitors link to another site?
- Our site contains links to other websites. This privacy statement applies only to our site, so visitors should always be aware when they are moving to another site and read the privacy statement of any site which collects personal information. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our site.
16 or Under
- If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or telephoning us on 01392 202092.
Age UK Exeter is a registered charity (number 1010973) and company limited by guarantee (number 2703636). The registered address is 138 Cowick Street, Exeter, EX4 1HS.