Age UK Herne Bay and Whitstable are recruiting for a Wellbeing Support Worker to be part of our staff and volunteer team.
The post involves supporting older people to increase their confidence and general health and wellbeing in our centres, in their homes as well as in other community based venues.
Driving and use of your own vehicle is essential to the role.
To request an application pack please email: email@example.com or telephone Age UK Herne Bay and Whitstable on: 01227 749570
Closing date for completed applications is 4 p.m. on Sunday 9th August.
Age UK Herne Bay & Whitstable is committed to providing high quality standard of services to older people. Our staff and volunteers play an important contribution to that standard. This job description does not cover all the tasks involved in the job. Therefore, it is essential that any person employed by Age UK Herne Bay & Whitstable is willing to undertake any reasonable task delegated to them.
Proposed Job Description
Job title – Wellbeing Support Worker
Job Location – Herne Bay Whitstable and surrounding villages
Job base - Herne Bay
Line Manager – Day Services Manager
Hours of work - 8.30am to 4.30pm centre open Monday to Friday
Rate of pay - £9.50 per hour
Disclosure – Enhanced level
To undertake work as allocated across all services that Age UK Herne Bay & Whitstable provide. To ensure that everyone attending the centre or taking part in activities at home has the best possible experience. Carry out any driving needed to transport clients in a safe and as comfortable manner using our small wheelchair adapted vehicles.
- To provide personal care to day centre attendees if required.
- To provide encouragement and support to those clients taking part in activities.
- To support clients in order to increase their confidence and general health and wellbeing.
- To work with the Day Services Manager to introduce a variety of ways to provide stimulating, fun activities.
- To work in both the Dementia and Wellbeing Centre supporting those who attend to enjoy their day.
- To take an active part in the provision of all arts/crafts and entertainment with clients.
- To work in the community and/or in a persons own home.
- To read and understand and adhere to the risk assessment for individuals.
- To inform the Day Services Manager of any change to the clients mobility or any change to the clients property in order that any health and safety issues can be dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To act as a “keyworker “for an allocated group of clients, working with them to ensure that they have an up to date care and support plan, that they are supported to achieve their individual goals and that these are reviewed and updated at agreed regular intervals.
- To undertake other related duties, when requested by the Day Services Manager and assist other members of staff with their duties.
- To work closely and amicably with volunteers.
- To work in line with the Health and Safety Instructions for the service
- Willingness and ability to provide moving and handling assistance (which will include supporting wheelchair users)- Training will be provided.
Personal Attributes & skills needed for the post
- A sensitive, sympathetic and caring approach to elderly clients.
- To be able to work as part of a team or independently
- To be able to maintain a cheerful and approachable demeanour
- To be honest and trustworthy.
- To be discreet in dealing with clients.
- To demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to the principles of equality
- To be able to adhere to all Age UK’s policies and procedures.
- To be of smart appearance.
- To have a flexible approach to changing work patterns.
- Good communication skills
- Good standard of IT and written skills e.g. email/client records/reports/data input.
- Good driving skills
- Use of own car during working hours.
- Aged over 21years of age, have been driving for over 2 years with a clean driving
license (for insurance purposes).
- Experience of working with older people
- Adhering to all Age UK’s policies and procedures.
- Understanding of Health & Safety issues and how to work safely.
Training & qualifications
Successful completion of all ongoing online/in person training must be achieved by
the specified dates.
Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (NVQ Level 3)