Home from Hosptial
- Location: Age UK Lambeth
- Price: Free
Please note, this service is not available outside Age UK Lambeth - Head Office's catchment area.
Working with Adult Social Services discharge teams at Guy's and St Thomas’s, King’s College and St George’s hospitals, the Hospital 2 Home worker can offer support to patients when they are due to be discharged from the hospital.
Our Hospital 2 Home worker can either help get you home or meet you there when you arrive, to ensure you are comfortable and can settle back in safely. They can also help you in a number of other ways, including:
- Collecting any items you need from your home in the lead up to your discharge. This could include clothes or paperwork.
- Ensuring that there is enough food and other essentials in the house when you return.
- Making sure that everything is in working order, including utilities such as gas and electricity.
- Ensuring minor adaptations to your home (such as moving furniture) are done on or before the day of discharge, leaving you feeling safe and happy to be back home.
- Ringing your care agency so your carers know you are home.
- Linking you with other Age UK Lambeth services to help prevent readmission to the hospital.
If you feel like you just need someone to help settle you in and to check over your home before you arrive back, we can also do this via our Home and Settle team. They can polish, hoover, get some shopping in, check that the gas and electricity are topped up and even clean the fridge! Whatever it takes to get you settled back in and help you recover where you want to be – at home.