Park Street Eatery Re Opening
Published on 13 July 2020 09:55 AM
Guidance for Customers Visiting Park Street
We are delighed to announce that our restaurant is back open from Wednesday 15 July.
Your experience with us will be a little different to how you might remember it. We have set out guidance below on what you can expect from us as we restart our services; as well as how you can help us during this time to ensure a safe transition for all our customers and staff.
It is important to understand that if you, or someone in your household, has symptoms of Covid19, you must stay at home for the recommended period of time. Once this time has passed you are welcome to visit us.
Your visit to us
Initially, we will be opening our restaurant from 11am to 2pm. We will also be opening our reception area for general enquiries. You can access our restaurant by entering the building through the middle door (main entrance), and for general enquiries can access our reception team via the side door at the corner of Park Street. There will be signs to direct you.
At busier times you may have to queue to enter the building, however, there will clear visual marking on the floor to help you know where to stand to enable you to socially distance from other customers and we ask that you observe this at all times.
If you are visiting our reception desk to make an enquiry, our Receptionist will be able to help you. We can only accommodate one household at a time in the area, and so ask you to wait outside to allow us to safely support the customer ahead of you. We have installed safety screens at each reception desk to keep you and our staff safe.
Park Street Eatery
If you are visiting the Park Street Eatery you will be greeted by one of our hosts who will take your name & contact telephone number for Track & Trace purposes. These will be kept securely and destroyed after 21 days (unless you consent to your information being stored for other purposes).
We have placed hand sanitiser stations at each entrance; please ensure you sanitise your hands upon entry and as you leave. We have reduced the number of tables available in the restaurant area to enable customers to safely social distance. This may mean you are asked to wait to be seated.
We are only able to sit customers together who are from the same household or ‘bubble’, if you wish to meet with someone from another ‘bubble’, please call ahead to book so we can ensure a safe distance can be maintained between you.
You will notice a one-way system in the restaurant, including doors in and out. Please use this as directed to enable social distancing at all times.
Your waiter will take your order from your table, please stay seated at your table wherever possible and don’t approach the counter, your waiter will be able to help you with any questions you may have.
We have reduced our menu, but will be reviewing this each week.
We will take payment from you at your table, contactless payments are preferred and encouraged.
We have adapted our restrooms to ensure social distancing can be adhered to. We have also installed hand sanitiser units outside them. Please sanitise your hands before and after use.
What you can do to prevent catching and spreading the virus
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, or use hand sanitiser from the stations provided.
- Catch coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues. Throw away used tissues safely (then wash your hands). If you don’t have a tissue, use your sleeve/arm.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Maintain 2m distances between yourself and others when visiting us
How we are keeping our staff safe
- Our staff have all been provided with training on both Infection Control and Covid 19 Awareness.
- Our staff will always be provided with the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with the latest Government guidance. PPE may not always be required, but staff will always observe good hand washing procedures.
- Our workspaces and vehicles are regularly cleaned and disinfected to make sure our working environments are always as clean as possible and our staff are working in environments that ensure they are always able to maintain a safe distance from their colleagues.
- We have updated all of our Service Risk Assessments to reflect our new practices (these can be found on our website).