Our vision and values
Our vision is a world where everyone enjoys later life. Our values are simple, we are:
- Optimistic - we welcome challenges with confidence.
- Inclusive - we involve, consult and work together.
- Dedicated - we work to achieve outcomes for individuals.
- Enabling - we support people to achieve their ambitions.
- Responsive - we encourage a high performing, well motivated, adaptable workforce.
- Realistic - we are open and truthful.
These values are the foundation of everything we stand for.
Our mission, beliefs and aims
Our mission is to help people make more of life.
Our ambitions are that:
- Everyone can love later life.
- Everyone has a decent standard of living.
- Everyone can enjoy the healthiest possible life.
- Everyone can access high quality health and social care services.
- Everyone feels comfortable, safe and secure at home.
- Everyone feels valued by their local community with opportunities to join in, volunteer, learn and work.
- Everyone can have their voice heard and can influence decisions that affect their lives.
Our aims are a constantly moving and growing group of targets:
Aim 1: Provide accessible information, advice and guidance
We will ensure people are aware of their rights and entitlements, empowering people to make informed choices and helping to navigate systems to find the right services and products to meet their individual needs.
Aim 2: Expand the range and reach of professional care and support services
We will enable people to maintain their independence for as long as possible.
Aim 3: Engage more older people in preventative activities
We will improve physical and mental wellbeing, address isolation and loneliness, and build personal resilience and coping strategies.
Aim 4: Work to make North Tyneside a more age friendly place to live
We will support older people to make a positive contribution to community life where their voices will be valued and respected, ensuring a good quality of life.
Aim 5: Be recognised as an Employer of Choice
We will offer staff quality training and development opportunities with flexible employment practices, attracting high calibre quality staff committed to upholding our values and beliefs.
Aim 6: Commit to the Age UK Shared Strategy and developing effective partnerships with a range of organisations to achieve our ambitions
We will develop cost efficient, effective and sustainable services, strengthening our role in providing new and innovative solutions for older people.
To achieve our vision, mission and aims we will:
- Put older people at the centre of everything we do.
- Focus on our priorities.
- Develop new partnerships to expand and deliver our work.
- Maintain efficient, effective support systems.
- Generate sufficient resources to sustain our activities.
- Encourage a high performing, well motivated, adaptable workforce.
Our One Page Strategy
For more information please feel free to contact us on 0191 280 8484.
Our opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm.