Telephone befriending service
Published on 25 March 2020 07:57 PM
Are you stuck in the house because of the Corona virus crisis?
Age UK North Tyneside Telephone befriending is there to offer you a friendly chat over the phone a couple of times a week. We can match you with one of our volunteers who will phone you twice a week at a fixed time, and we will do our best to make sure that’s the same person each time so you can grow a real friendship.
We have a number of volunteers already checked, trained and ready to call and more volunteers registering with us on a daily basis. In these strange times of social distancing we can all use a friendly chat from time to time.
Just give us a call and we will start the ball rolling..Telephone 0191 2808484
More on Coronavirus
- Gov.UK - NE England: local restrictions. What you can and can't do
- NHS 111 online - Check if you have coronavirus symptoms
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do
- Get support as an extremely vulnerable person
- Citizens Advice - Coronavirus - what it means for you
- Age UK North Tyneside Information and Advice
- Covid 19 - How to help safely (Gov.UK)
- Covid 19 Myth busters (World Health Organisation)
- Covid 19- Information for the bereaved from UK Government
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can't do
- Wellbeing and mental health during Covid-19