Covid-19 Latest changes to our services
As you will appreciate both Age UK North Tyneside and EveryDay Care are working exceptionally hard to ensure the continued safety and good health of our customers, our key workers and charity staff. Because of the coronavirus emergency we have had to cancel some services and amend others.....
STOP PRESS: Last year our Information & Advice service achieved a total benefit gain of £1,778,026 for North Tyneside residents.
This is an extraordinary outcome as the team not only smashed it's own target of £1,178,487 achieved in the previous year but broke the record for the highest benefit gain to date in North Tyneside.
As a result customers who were supported to maximise their income are now on average better off by £140.62 per week.
We all appreciate that securing this extra income has a huge, positive impact, often allowing a person to remain independent for as long as possible in their own homes.
The I & A service also delivered:
- 831 face to face office based appointments
- 462 home visits
- 3764 enquires resolved via telephone and
- 996 customers supported by popping into the Bradbury Centre
- 3619 North Tyneside customers supported through the I&A service resolving over 6200 enquiries.
To access this service please contact our Customer Service Team Telephone 0191 2808484 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need advice or information you can attend an appointment at the Age UK North Tyneside office in North Shields.
You will be given a short gateway assessment interview when you call the Bradbury Centre on 0191 280 8484. This will assess what your advice needs are.
The gateway assessment will decide which option is best for your needs:-
- Simple information provided at the gateway interview
- An appointment with our Information & Advice Advisors
- Telephone Advice
Telephone advice is available, Monday-Friday 8:45 am – 4:00 pm.
We can also offer a home visiting service where appropriate Tel: 0191 280 8484.
We can help with:
- Welfare benefits, pensions, tax and other financial matters
- Housing and property
- Health and Social Care matters
- Leisure and social activities
- Family and personal matters
- Your rights and local services
- And most other things that affect your quality of life
Appointments are also available at the Bradbury Centre, North Shields - Monday to Friday 8:45 am – 4:00 pm.
If you need Information or Advice you can pop in to the Bradbury Centre or contact us on 0191 280 8484 Option 1 to book a suitable appointment.
To assist the hard of hearing, we have hearing loops on site.
Free booklets and online information
Here's how you can get in touch with Age UK North Tyneside.
You can get in touch with us by telephone, email or by filling in an online information request form, all on our Contact Us page