Age UK Richmond offers a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers.
We all sometimes have issues or concerns that can’t be dealt with a single phone call such as through our First Contact Helpline - this is where Advice Extra can help. The service supports older people in Richmond upon Thames that are facing significant emotional, social or practical issues or who are simply in need of more comprehensive and extensive support.
This will usually involve home visits from one of our advice workers, however during the pandemic, our team is trying to help as much as possible with telephone or video call appointments.
We can’t guarantee we can help with everything, some things may be beyond our skillset and require specialist help. However the types of things that we may be able to help with include, but are not limited to:
- Concerns about home or residential care.
- Financial difficulties.
- Housing issues.
- Help with loneliness or coping with a bereavement and reconnecting with others.
- Sorting out bills, paperwork and applying for grants.
- Poor treatment by utility companies, tradesmen, social services, etc.
- Living independently at home, perhaps after a fall or recent spell in hospital.
- Recovering from/or avoiding scams and abuse.
Telephone: 020 8878 3546