Age UK Sandwell is an equal opportunities organisation and is committed to promoting equality, valuing diversity and combating unfair treatment.
Age UK Sandwell is committed to protecting and promoting these rights in the following ways:
- Its role in the community
- Providing services to older people
- As an employer
Age UK Sandwell believes that diversity is one of the greatest strengths an organisation can have and will harness this for the benefit of all of its service users, individuals and potential service users. Employees and job applicants will not be discriminated against on the grounds of social circumstances, background, gender, race, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, age, or religion.
The principles of tolerance, understanding and respect for others are central to our organisation.
Equal Opportunities Statement
- In the provision of care support facilities and in the employment of staff to provide these services, the organisation will seek to ensure equality of opportunity and treatment for all people.
- No person applying for care support facilities, or for a job, or for contracts with the organisation, will be treated less favourably than any other person because of their race, colour, ethnic or national origin or because of their religion, sexual orientation, physical disability, appearance or marital status.
- In carrying out its Equal Opportunities Policy the organisation will actively assist disadvantaged minority groups to benefit from its service.
- As an employer the organisation will seek actively to employ staff from minority groups. Where necessary, it will seek to provide them with training facilities to enable them to compete or qualify for position in the organisation.
- To help it fulfil its commitment to Equal Opportunity, the organisation will monitor records of the ethnic/racial origin of all those applying to it for care facilities and all those seeking employment from the organisation.
- In hiring contractors and other agencies to work for it, the organisation will be mindful of its commitment to Equality of Opportunity.
- In the composition and operation of its Management Committee, the organisation will be mindful of its commitment to Equal Opportunity.
If you would like more information about our policies, or if you have any questions, queries or concerns, please contact us.
Age UK Sandwell is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce and throughout our services. Our aim is that our organisation will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee, volunteer and service user feels respected and able to participate to the best of their ability.
To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and those receiving our services and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, service users and volunteers will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees and volunteers will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
As a service provider, managing diversity enables Age UK Sandwell to respond effectively to the differing needs of older people in the wider community, respecting their customs, rights and dignity.
Our commitment to Equality & Diversity:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions
- of all are recognised and valued.
- Every employee and volunteer is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- Equality within the organisation is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
We will review all our employment and service practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- Breaches of our equality policy by employees will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- This policy is fully supported by senior management.
The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
Our formal policy
Reviewed regularly, you can download our full Equality and Diversity Policy here.