Wednesday 21st February 1-3pm – Welcome Wednesday at Cheadle College.
At Cheadle Campus (Cheadle Road, Cheadle Hulme SK8 5HA)
The students at Cheadle College will be welcoming people into the college to enjoy activities and share experiences.
If you would like to come along on 21st February, please call Age UK Stockport on 0161 480 1211 or email email@example.com so we know how many to cater for. If you would like to come along but would have difficulty getting there, please give us a call as we may be able to help.
Friday 23rd February 11am –1pm – Spring Crafts Art Sessions
At the Hub, 2 Castle Street, Edgeley, SK3 9AB
This is the first of 6 sessions running each Friday until 29th March. There are only 12 spaces available for each session so book early to avoid disappointment!
To book a place call Gemma on 0161 480 1211.
For more information see Spring Crafts Art Sessions (ageuk.org.uk)
Thursday 29th February 12:30 - 14:30pm – Online Banking Information & Advice session
We will be welcoming the team from HSBC to the Hub, 2 Castle Street, Edgeley, SK3 9AB for an Online banking information and advice session.
In the session, we will delve into the essential features of online banking, highlighting the convenience and efficiency it offers. We will talk about staying safe online, emphasising best practices for protecting personal and financial information. With a keen focus on fraud prevention, we will equip attendees with the knowledge to identify and thwart potential scams, whilst reassuring them of our robust security measures dedicated to safeguarding our community’s interests.
If you are interested in attending, please contact us on 0161 480 1211 to register. This session is open to everyone, no matter who you bank with.
Thursday 29th February 12-2pm – Cost of Living Support
At the Hub, 2 Castle Street, Edgeley, SK3 9AB.
If you are struggling with the cost of living and need a helping hand to navigate the support available, then come and speak to the Cost-of-Living Team from Stockport Council. They can help with things like; financial support for rent and other essential items; benefit and pension credit checks; help with debt and paying council bills and lots more.
Just pop in!
Saturday 2nd March 10am - Social Walk
Join us at Vernon Park car park (opposite British Gas) Stockport Road West, Bredbury, SK6 2BP for a 2 - 2½ hour walk.
Just turn up and enjoy the walk and company!
These walks take place on the first Saturday of each month starting at 10am at different locations around Stockport.
Guidelines for Digital Event
To make sure you get the most from these groups, here are some basic guidelines to ensure it’s a positive experience for all.
- When logging onto the zoom meeting, make sure you are logged in under your own name so we know who you are and can let you in.
- During the meeting try not to speak all at once, raise your hand so we know you want to say something.
- If there are too many people talking the host will hold up a red card so one person at a time can talk.
- Remember to mute your audio when not speaking to avoid background noise.
- This is your group so please feel free to share your positive stories and ideas for discussion.
- To ensure the group is a positive experience for all please avoid using any language or terminology which may offend others. The host may ask you to leave the group if necessary.
- Please respect the confidentiality of others by not sharing personal information outside the group.
- The host may be required to report anything where they feel an individual may be of risk to themselves or others.
Thank You for your co-operation.