PLEASE NOTE: All physical events have been postponed until further notice due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
To ensure everyone gets the most they can from our Digital events we have included guidelines below for these events.
Positive Smiles is to recreate a “virtual coffee morning” via Zoom, if you are feeling disengaged or isolated or you just need a bit of company, you can get together with others for a friendly chat. To sign up for this event please click on the relevant date below
Knit and Natter
One of the aims of the group will be to knit some of the little woolly hats to go on the Innocent Smoothie bottles and raise funds for Age UK Stockport, but the main aim is to have a natter and get people connected! To sign up for this event please click on the relevant date below
The “Positive Smiles” and “Knit and Natter” groups are a chance to meet people virtually for a chat and a coffee and share some positive support to help you through these tough times.
To make sure you get the most from these groups, here are some basic guidelines to ensure it’s a positive experience for all.
- When logging onto the zoom meeting, make sure you are logged in under your own name so we know who you are and can let you in.
- During the meeting try not to speak all at once, raise your hand so we know you want to say something.
- If there are too many people talking the host will hold up a red card so one person at a time can talk.
- Remember to mute your audio when not speaking to avoid background noise.
- This is your group so please feel free to share your positive stories and ideas for discussion.
- To ensure the group is a positive experience for all please avoid using any language or terminology which may offend others. The host may ask you to leave the group if necessary.
- Please respect the confidentiality of others by not sharing personal information outside the group.
- The host may be required to report anything where they feel an individual may be of risk to themselves or others.
Thank You for your Co-operation.