Age UK Stockport relies on volunteers to help us offer vital services in the local community. Would you like to lend a hand?
Volunteering roles with Age UK Stockport
Active Ageing Champions Needed!
Why volunteer with us?
Age UK Stockport believes that age needs respect. It needs kindness. Sometimes it needs help. We use our specialist knowledge and over 25 years of local experience to deliver a wide range of support and services. All we do is designed to encourage choice, independence and wellbeing in later life.
Our volunteers’ time, knowledge and commitment is essential to supporting many local older people. Volunteering with Age UK Stockport gives you the chance to have a great time whilst helping others. Whether you have a lot of time or a little, there are volunteering opportunities available.
As a volunteer, you can
- Work with groups or with individuals
- Work in the office, behind the scenes
- Support events or fundraising activities
- Work with groups or individuals
- Work in the community with the public
- Use professional, practical or technical skills
What you can gain as a volunteer
- Gain new skills and experiences
- Meet new and interesting people
- You can claim out of pocket expenses
- Access appropriate training
- Enhance your CV
- Work with the backing and support of a professional organisation
- Insurance cover
- Have a good time!