Local elections: Age UK Wandsworth questioned the parties - how have they responded?
Published on 01 May 2018 01:06 PM
On behalf of the older residents of Wandsworth, we asked the main parties five key questions
We asked the main parties fielding candidates in the local elections five key questions related to the issues our older residents face. These questions were themed around key points in the Age UK London local election manifesto and knowledge we have from supporting older Wandsworth residents day in, day out.
The 5 questions were:
- How will you ensure that older people in Wandsworth have access to high quality, responsive local care services?
- How will your ensure we have an ‘Age friendly’ borough that supports the needs of older people and tackles the issue of ‘loneliness’?
- How will you ensure more effective communication with older Wandsworth residents, particularly those who are lonely, disabled or experiencing digital exclusion.
- How will you ensure good quality, affordable and accessible housing for older people in Wandsworth so they can remain independent for longer?
- How will you ensure that older people have accessible transport options so that they may travel safely and freely around London?
We have collated the responses and you can find them here.
Please feel free to share this information with anyone who has an interest in older people’s issues.
We await the outcome of the election on Friday 4th May and look forward to working with those councillors who are elected to progress their commitments to the older residents of Wandsworth.