The impact of Age UK Westminster in 2019-2020
Published on 15 September 2021 03:04 PM
See the great work we did in 2019-2020
We are very excited to share our 2019-2020 Impact Report with all of you to illustrate all the amazing things we have achieved this year. We have managed to do so much during this challenging time with Covid-19, especially made possible with the spectacular efforts of our staff, volunteers, corporate sponsors and stakeholders, who have all dedicated themselves to our aim of supporting the over 50s in Westminster.
In 2019-2020, Age UK Westminster:
- assisted 2,628 clients with obtaining welfare benefits and discretionary grants amounting to £656,600
- made 501 befriending matches and made 27,000 befriending calls
- delivered 22,055 volunteer hours with the help of 599 volunteers, with 45 of these being over 65
- responded to the food crisis of some residents by delivering 752 emergency food parcels
- treated 420 residents to Christmas lunches, with the backing of some of our corporate partners
- helped more residents become digitally included to help combat loneliness
To read more about all the great work of Age UK Westminster and our supported this year, please read the full Impact Report below.
If you would like to advocate, support or give time, resources or money to support our work in Westminster, please get in touch.
We want to continue support and advocating for the over 50s in Westminster to help them lead happy and fulfilling lives.
Join our mailing list
You can also follow us on social media: