We are looking for new Trustees to be a part of our future
We are recruiting a number of voluntary positions to join our Board of Trustees.
Think being a trustee is boring? Think again! Here at Age UK Wigan Borough, we want you to bring the enthusiasm and excitement to help us improve our services and raise the profile of older people being seen as an invaluable asset to our communities. We are looking for people from a wide range of backgrounds to join our Board and contribute towards leading the charity and delivery of services to the older people of Wigan Borough.
We will be embarking on a new three year corporate strategy and our ambition is to grow our offer to our customers and residents across Wigan Borough. Over 97% of our customers say they would recommend our services to their families and friends and we pride ourselves on keeping older people at the heart of what we do.
- have a good knowledge of the Greater Manchester and/or Wigan Borough area, and/or
- understand the challenges and opportunities for older people, and/or
- can support us to raise our profile and attract new funding, and/or
- want to develop your skills in a Trustee position (this could be the first step in your longer term goal to be a paid NED), and/or
- have an interest in Wigan and/or benefiting older adults,
we want to hear from you and are keen to get your input.
Our trustees have overall control of our charity and are responsible for making sure it's doing what it was set up to do, trustees are the people who lead our charity and support our staff in deciding how it is run. To find out more about what it means to be a charity trustee, please click here.
To read a full information pack, click here.
For an application form, click here.
For an informal discussion with our Chief Executive Officer, Bryonie Shaw on 01942 615892.
Closing Date for Applications is Friday 25th February 2022 at 5pm