We're a good neighbour to more than 8,000 people across the borough every year.
Age UK Wigan Borough is an independent charity that is funded solely by and for the borough of Wigan.
As a Good Neighbour to older people across the borough we support older people to live happy, independent and fulfilled lives and:
- Be involved in and valued by the local community
- Keep active, to pursue new hobbies, make new friendships and continue to learn new things
- Remain safe at home and independent for as long as possible
- Get the services and support that they are entitled to
- Be financially secure
We’re proud of our role as a Good Neighbour, and the fact that:
- 98.5% say they would recommend our services to their families and friends
- We secured £1,752,173 in benefits for older people in 2016
- More than two thirds of people lead healthier lifestyles by joining our Bright Days programme*
Find out more about what people using our services said about us by reading our most recent Impact Report.
* (Based on 68 people completing monitoring forms at the start of their Bright Days involvement and after 24 months.)