In 2017-18, we supported 3,795 individual older people across Wigan Borough.
Age UK Wigan Borough is an independent charity that supports older people in the borough of Wigan.
We help older people to:
- Be involved in and valued by the local community;
- Keep active, to pursue new hobbies, make new friendships and continue to learn new things in order to prevent homelessness;
- Remain safely at home for as long as possible;
- Be as independent as possible;
- Stay out of hospital and to come home from hospital safely;
- Get the services and support that they are entitled to;
- Be financially secure.
We’re proud of the fact that in 2017-18:
- 99.5% say they would recommend our services to their families and friends;
- We secured £1,710,710 in benefits for older people;
- 43.9% of people find it easier to manage around the house after using our services;
Find out more about what people using our services said about us by reading our Annual Review.
What Older People Say
'They helped me in my hour of need! I'm very ill, had no heating at all due to breakdown of home system. Within hours two radiators were installed' Female aged 80 living in Golborne
'It's priceless to know there is someone for you when you are in troubled times and can't cope or deal with the situation.' Female aged 83 living in Lowton