What do information and advice admin support volunteers do?
You will work in one of our offices to support staff and I&A advisor volunteers. The tasks are wide and varied and may include:
- Talking to people over the phone to obtain basic information so that an enquiry can be allocated to a trained I&A Advisor.
- Talking to people over the phone to obtain feedback following help and support given through one of the AUKW services.
- Ordering and organising stationery such as AUK Information Guides, Attendance Allowance forms and envelopes, leaflets produced by other organisations.
- Preparing information packs to be sent to volunteers and/or clients.
- Printing Age UK Wiltshire leaflets and flyers as required.
- Inputting and extracting data from the CRM system.
Where is this role available?
Devizes or Salisbury office
When can I do this?
Mon - Fri
What time commitment is expected?
A minimum commitment of 4 hours per week
What are the practical considerations?
You will need to be over 18
What you will get out of it
- You will build on valuable skills such as communication, listening, working in an office environment.
- You will obtain satisfaction by talking and listening to older people.
- You will receive and have training opportunities to widen your knowledge
- You will work within an enthusiastic and supportive team
- You will be part of a wider Age UK Wiltshire team, hearing about, and working with, staff and volunteers from other Age UK Wiltshire services.
Would these roles suit me?
This role would suit someone who is confident talking to people on the telephone; who has good computer and IT skills and who is administratively organised.
Apply for this role
To apply to be an Information and Advice Admin Support Volunteer please complete our volunteer application online.