Age UK Bolton are seeking an Honorary Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees and lead on financial governance for the organisation, providing guidance to other board members and overseeing the charity’s finances and annual budgeting processes.
Age UK Bolton is one of the area’s most significant, dynamic and highly regarded charities, and leading voluntary sector organisations, working with and on behalf of Bolton’s over 50 population. Essentially a local charity, we are also proud to be a brand partner of the influential national Age UK Charity.
Being a Trustee at Age UK Bolton will provide you with an opportunity to have a profound impact on our charity and help support the local community. You will be part of a team of Trustees, guiding the strategy of the organisation and helping it grow, whilst ensuring it always stays true to its aims.
- Monitoring the financial administration of the Charity and keeping the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities.
- Ensuring the Charity has sound financial policies (including a reserves policy) and robust financial management and reporting systems in place.
- Overseeing the preparation of, and presenting, financial reports to the Board.
- Overseeing and supporting the preparation and presentation of budgets, accounts and financial statements, as and when needed.
- Ensuring that the Charity’s financial accounts are prepared in a suitable format compliant with legal, accounting, and Charity Commission requirements, and liaising with the auditors/independent examiners as appropriate.
- Monitoring and advising on the financial viability of the charity.
- Advising on the financial implications of the Charity’s strategic plan and of any projects, activities and fundraising it may undertake.
- Liaising with and supporting the Finance Manager about financial matters.
- Assisting with the presentation of the Accounts at the Annual General Meeting and drawing attention to important points in an easily understandable way.
This role is unpaid but all expenses incurred whilst providing Trustee duties can be reimbursed.
New Trustees will receive relevant training in safeguarding, trustee roles and responsibilities, plus any additional training deemed necessary. Trustees must also apply for basic DBS clearance.
Trustees should be prepared to attend six meetings a year, usually on a Tuesday evening from 5.30pm to 7.30pm with some additional reading time and occasional support for the Chief Executive on specific projects.For more information about Age UK Bolton please visit our website at www.ageukbolton.org.uk
For an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org