We provide an information & advice outreach service, offering themed or general information at venues used by older people and in partnership with other agencies.
"Excellent and very informative. I feel I can benefit from some of the information and will pass on to other people. Well presented."
The information roadshow is for anyone in Derbyshire County but not currently for Derby City.
- Information and advice outreach service offering themed or general sessions in public places, at older people’s group sessions, and in partnership with other agencies
- Information display, presentations & “taster” chair-based exercise sessions delivered to community groups supporting older people
- Older people and their carers can make more informed choices and achieve positive outcomes on a variety of issues affecting independence and wellbeing
- Older people feel empowered to use local services and support agencies now and in the future
- Reduced risk of crime, deception and elder abuse
- Increased income and older people able to enjoy a better standard of living including adequate heat, food, clothing and personal expenditure
- Older people feel supported and listened to and experience increased feelings of engagement, self-worth and care
- Older people receive information and advice to enable them to make good informed choices to promote independence, good health & well being
Anyone can request the information roadshow or visit it at a venue.
No charge for this service. The service is funded by Derbyshire County Council for the county of Derbyshire (excluding Derby City).
Public roadshow locations are available on request and bookings can be taken in advance.
If you would like to find out more please contact Katharine Wilson (Monday – Friday 9.30 – 5.00) on:
Telephone: 01773 768 240
Mobile: 07500 276 688
Roadshow calendar of public events
Find out where our Roadshow will be visiting next, so you can pop along and get some information from Age UK Derby & Derbyshire.