New Money Support Service
Thanks to the timely, generous support of the Derbyshire Police and Crime Commissioner we are able to provide specialist support for older people who need practical support to pay for shopping during the social distancing and shielding restrictions.
We can offer:
- A bespoke service designed to meet individual needs and resources.
- Income maximisation checks and follow-up information and advice to build resilience.
- A complementary service working with local shopping and befriending services.
- Support in Derbyshire and Derby.
The Money Support Service can:
- Provide pre-loaded supermarket gift cards for a shopper to use. We would provide a regular check on receipts and remaining funds on cards to monitor for fraudulent expenditure and cards would be dispensed at an agreed frequency to prevent large stocks in the home.
- Reimburse a shopper on submission of a claim form and then invoice a client for payment.
- Use a hand-held card reader to take a debit/credit card payment. A shopper can submit a claim for reimbursement and we can reclaim the cost from the client using the card reader.
- Support a client to use the Post Office Payout Now scheme to provide appropriate levels of cash at home. This is particularly suited to clients used to paying local deliveries like a milkman etc.
- Support to set up deliveries of frozen meals using a phone ordering system.
We will work with each client to create a solution which works for them, reducing the risk of financial abuse and building long-term resilience.
To access the service please:
- Check with the older person they would like to use the service.
- Call: 01773 766922 and leave a message with your details and the client’s contact details.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and the client’s contact details.
Messages are regularly checked and responded to Monday to Friday 9.30-2.30pm. Please give us as much information as you can to help us prioritise our response. Referral data will be recorded on CharityLog a secure digital data system.
If you have any concerns about whether an older person, or yourself, is being abused or neglected, please see our safeguarding adults page for help. We are committed to preventing the abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults.