Age UK Devon offers a comprehensive Seated Vitality training package for individuals who want to deliver chair-based exercise sessions for groups of older people who have compromised mobility.
Our training covers:
- understanding physical and psychological benefits of an exercise session for older people
- planning an exercise session, including client and health and safety risk assessments
- enhancing communication skills
- facilitating a wide range of exercises including the teaching of:
- warm up, cool down, mobility, stretching and resistance exercises
- thera band exercises – to meet the needs of people with physical, sensory and cognitive impairment by enhancing core body through strengthening muscles
- pelvic floor exercises – to assist with continence concerns
- sit to stand progressive exercises - to aid strength, balance, mobility, and confidence of clients
- postural balance exercises – to build strength and balance
At the end of this course each participant will have a comprehensive understanding of the benefits of chair based exercises and be confident to plan and deliver sessions to individuals, or groups of older people.
The course is delivered in a community venue over one day, for between eight and 16 participants.
"The best parts were learning why we do exercises and becoming more confident in delivering exercises to others."
Training course dates
Our Seated Vitality course will take place on the following dates:
Tuesday 16 March 2021
Time: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Cost: £80 per person
Tea and Coffee will be provided
Trainer: Nora Okuniek
If you would like further information or would like to book a place please contact Trish Warren on 0333 241 2340 or email@example.com.