- Location: Age UK East London
- Price: Free
Please note, this service is not available outside Age UK East London - Head Office's catchment area.
Age UK East London
82 Russia Lane
Advocacy supports and enables people who have difficulty representing their interests, to exercise their rights, express their views, explore and make informed choices.
Older people have the right to be in charge of their own lives. But sometimes frailty, disability, isolation, financial circumstances or social attitudes lead to older people having limited choices to make their own decisions.
Age UK East London provides trained advocates to support older people in expressing choices about matters affecting their everyday lives.
What is Advocacy?
Advocacy seeks to ensure that people are able to:
• Have their voice heard on issues that are important to them.
• Defend and safeguard their rights.
• Have their views and wishes genuinely considered when decisions are being made about their lives.
What our Advocates will do for you.
Independent advocates support you to make your own decisions and be involved in discussions about the things that are important to you.
An advocate can support you to speak up, or they might speak up on your behalf if you need them to.
An advocate can help you to:
• Understand what is happening
• Understand information
• Understand your options and make decisions
• Tell people what you want
• Make sure your rights are respected
• Challenge decisions that have been made about you if you don’t agree with them.
Where is the Advocacy service provided?
We are providing Advocacy by appointment only. This can be in person, over the phone or by video call depending on your preference.
Please call 020 8981 7124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.