We rely on over 180 volunteers
Our amazing volunteers enable us to provide vital support to over 15,000 older people and their families every year.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, learn new skills and support the work we do in the community.
Who can volunteer?
Almost anyone can be a volunteer. We have a wide range of roles which suit different people and different skills.
How much time do I need to give?
It depends on the volunteer role you are interested in. Some people give an hour a week, other people do more.
Are you looking for a career in events or marketing or the charity sector? Make your CV stand out by volunteering for Age UK East Sussex. Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, learn new skills and support the work we do in the community.
As a Fundraising and Marketing Volunteer with Age UK East Sussex you will be a valued member of the team. As well as having fun and making a difference to the lives of local older people there are numerous tasks you can get involved in including:
• Help set up and run fundraising stalls at local events throughout the county
• Distribute and manage collection boxes in pubs, shops and other popular locations
• Monitor and produce marketing materials
• Compile and distribute press releases
• Help manage applications for funding through grants, supermarket token schemes and local groups
• Counting money raised at fundraising events and collections
• Admin support
If you live in the Eastbourne area and have an enthusiasm to make a difference please get in touch.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, we would love you to join us.
Opportunities with our charitable service
Join our volunteer teams providing health and care support for local older people.
There are opportunities to volunteer:
- At Our Day Clubs
- Providing Information and Advice
- With our Home from Hospital team
- Offering scam prevention support
- Supporting Community Navigators
- Driving our minbus
Opportunities in our retail outlets
Join our volunteer teams at our retail outlets to raise funds to support local older people in your community.
There are opportunities to volunteer at our charity shops, Furniture Warehouse and Homestore in:
For more information (Monday to Thursday 9am-4pm)