Purpose of Role
To assist the Shop Manager in the running of an Age UK East Sussex Charity Shop.
Role of the Volunteer
- To assist the Shop Manager in sorting, sizing and tagging donated goods.
- Replenish stock in the shop as required.
- Assist in keeping the shop clean and tidy.
- Assist customers in a polite and friendly manner.
- Operate the till.
- Undertake other tasks as required by the Shop Manager.
Skills and Attributes Needed
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Patience and tact.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- A pleasant and friendly manner.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
As a Volunteer We Would Ask You To:
- Be available for volunteering at a regular time each week.
- Adhere to Age UK East Sussex confidentiality and equal opportunities policies maintaining discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Be reliable and conscientious.
- Attend all training and information days and group meetings.
- Participate in regular one to one supervision with your line manager.
- Exercise patience and understanding when dealing with customers.
As a Volunteer We Will Offer You:
- An induction and ongoing training with support sessions if required.
- Reimbursement of out of pocket travelling expenses.
- Full recognition of the time, energy and skills volunteers freely given - for example long service and merit awards.
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly team.
- Respect for volunteer’s limitations, both in time and emotional involvement.
- The opportunity to meet other volunteers and attend occasional social events.
- The opportunity to be involved in the planning and development of Age UK East Sussex.
- Appropriate insurance cover - to protect you whilst you are acting on behalf of Age UK East Sussex.
- The opportunity to enhance your skills in a retail environment.
We place great value on our volunteers, who bring so much to the organisation. Their time, energy and commitment are recognised and greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions about our volunteer roles please feel free to contact us on:
Phone: 01273 476704
Age UK East Sussex
1 Faraday Close