This service is run by Age UK East Sussex in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support to provide practical and emotional support to local older people affected by or living with Cancer.
About the service
The service enables people diagnosed with Cancer to access timely and practical support in their homes, in a more flexible way to ensure they complete their Cancer treatment and therefore its benefits without worrying about how they would cope with day to day household tasks. The service is tailored to meet individual need.
How our volunteers can help?
• Visit older people at home for up to 12 weeks
• Light housekeeping
• Collect prescriptions and shopping
• Prepare light snacks
• Provide information to access other support services and activities.
Who can use the service?
• Anyone over 55 years of age
• Living in East Sussex
• Living with cancer and receiving treatment
• Living alone, with a carer or with someone who is physically unable to help
Accessing the service
Referrals can be made by the person themselves, their family or friends and other professionals on their behalf.
The service is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays.
For more information