About Age UK Gateshead
Age UK Gateshead is the leading charity for older people across the borough of Gateshead. Established in 1972, the organisation remains an independent local Charity committed to delivering the best quality assured services and activities for our customers.
Together our team of staff and volunteers provide services or run activities for over 800 people per week. You'll find information about our services on the separate 'Services' page but, briefly, we provide the following:
- Daycentres and social groups for people who are frail, isolated and living in their own homes
- A range of activity, leisure and learning groups(including Tai Chi, yoga, pilates, line dancing, gentle exercise to music, chess, and a mens photography group)
- Telephone befriending
- Gateshead Reconnections a collection of clubs and societies promoting social interaction and mutual interests. ( Film clubs, Walking Groups, Chess, Book Clubs and Culture)
- Befriending a traditional one to one service in great demand and making a real difference to people’s lives.
- Information & advice representing older people at all levels (topics including benefits, financial concerns, housing, care and utilities)
- Reflection’s a service dedicated to those with dementia offering care, support and a stimulating environment in which to socialise
Our current Annual Report (which can be found on the link below) gives an overview of our services, activities and plans.
Our aims are:
- to reduce social isolation
- to enable older people to have an adequate income
- to enable older people to live independently
- to provide & promote access to opportunities, activities and services which increase older people's physical and emotional wellbeing
- to campaign & raise awareness of issues concerning older people. “The Gateshead Voice of Older People”
We are constantly raising funds in order to run our services. All donations are greatly appreciated and much needed. To find out how you can help please see our Related links section below.
Together let’s make Gateshead “A great place to grow older”
For more information please contact us on 0191 4773559 or email@example.com
Useful information to download
A to Z of our services
View our 5 year plan
How we will use your data
Compliments, Comments & Complaints