Set out how we strive to treat all our users and supporters
Honest, open and accessible
- be clear about what we can and cannot offer;
- be open to ideas, suggestions and new ways of doing things; and
- make it easy for people to access information about what we are doing and to access the services we provide.
Attentive, resourceful and agile
- listen to, reflect and act appropriately on what older people are saying;
- use data and feedback to help us understand what local people want; and
- be flexible and responsive in our service planning and delivery;
Supportive, assertive and empowering
- support older people to make choices to enhance their own well-being;
- speak up for older people on issues that concern them, particularly where there is disadvantage, inequality or exclusion; and
- support older people in equipping themselves to engage in community and civil society.
Independent, reflective and inclusive
- seek to promote change which leads to improvements for older people;
- monitor and evaluate what we do, to ensure we are making a difference; and
- develop a strong volunteer base from all sections of the local community.