Our HandyFix service carries out minor repairs, improvements or adaptations to enable people to maintain their independence and live in a warm, weather tight, safe and secure home.
We help Lambeth residents to improve their quality of life, health and wellbeing; prevent accidents and illness which could result in admission to hospital; facilitate early discharge from hospital and prevent readmission; and signpost people to other services.
The HandyFix service performs a key strategic role in enabling people to remain in their own home and preventing them from having to access more expensive and dependent forms of residential accommodation.
These are just some of the jobs our friendly, reliable, trained staff can provide. This list is intended as a guide only:
- Fitting indoor grab-rails and handrails
- Fitting key safes
- Cleaning inside windows and downstairs outside windows
- Changing light bulbs, fuses and plugs
- Putting up shelves
- Fitting draught excluders
- Unblocking sinks
- Changing tap washers
- Taking down or putting up curtains
- Moving furniture (usually a two-person job)
- Assembling flat-pack furniture
- Setting up computers
- Re-tuning televisions
- Replacing toilet seats
- Renewing bath/shower sealant
- Relocating/fixing trailing flexes
For more information call us on 020 7346 6806 or email us at Info@ageuklambeth.org.uk
Visit HandyFix's microsite
If you want to use a tradesman that has been vetted, use the Age UK London Business Directory. Call them for FREE on 0800 334 5056 or visit their website