The Living Well service aims to keep people safe and independent in their homes for as long as possible. We visit people in their homes and provide a holistic assessment around their needs.
The assessment covers topics such as socialisation, access to transport, emotional wellbeing, finances, safety and security in the home, personal care etc. We also do a home risk assessment at our visit, looking for and testing smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Our assessments are very person centered and from our visits we then go on to support them with making referrals and solving issues. These include:
- Activity centres & lunch clubs
- Adult social care & safeguarding referrals
- At Home service (support with cleaning & shopping)
- Falls prevention services
- Fire safety checks
- Fresh Start – support with low level hoarding, decluttering and deep cleans
- Merton Councils handyperson service
- Information & Advice – includes benefit advice & support to fill out applications
- Liaising with housing associations
- Meals at home
- Merton Uplift / counselling services
- Occupational Therapy
- Transport forms such as Dial-A-Ride, Taxicard, Blue Badge
We follow up to make sure services have been put in place and if any further support is needed. This service is available for anyone living in Merton who is 50+.
If you would like more information or to make a referral, contact the Living Well team by calling us on 020 8648 5792 or emailing email@example.com.