On your feet Britain day
Published on 09 May 2019 04:13 PM
Age UK North Tyneside and EveryDay staff took part in the national day when workers across Britain united together and participated in a variety of fun and simple activities to #SitLess and #MoveMore at work on Friday 26th April 2019.
Staff took part in exercises, pickle ball and took part in a healthy eating promotion across all sites.
The On Your Feet Britain Challenge dares you to take James Brown at his word, "Get up offa that thing", and convert 'sitting time' to 'standing time'. Follow some simple changes - it’s easier than you think:
- Stand during phone calls
- Stand and take a break from your computer every 30 minutes
- Use the stairs
- Have standing or walking meetings
- Eat your lunch away from your desk
- Walk to your colleague's desk instead of phoning or emailing them
- Stand at the back of the room during presentations
And everyone will feel better for it.