Stay In Work Out
Published on 02 April 2020 08:50 PM
Stay In Work Out
With an ageing population and a Government agenda focused on keeping people in their own homes for longer, wellbeing for older people plays an essential role in the UK health economy.
Sport Works qualified instructors deliver a range of mobility and strength classes, including chair based exercise, to directly enhance health and wellbeing.
Classes cater for a range of abilities and fitness levels and play an important preventative role in developing healthy communities.
Regular Exercise Reduces Falls
EveryDay is very lucky to partner with Sport Works who (under normal circumstances) deliver exercise classes in our three wellbeing centres and our five extra care schemes in North Tyneside.
What you can do at home
Due to the COVID-19 situation we have had to postpone temporarliy all of our joint ecercise classes. Generously and to encourage our customers to continue with their sessions from home whilst self-isolating Sport Works has uploaded a full stretch and flex video for you to use.
Sport Works also shares daily work out videos on it’s social media
It’s important to remain mobile to reduce the instance of falls by improving mobility and balance .
More on Coronavirus
- NHS 111 online - Check if you have coronavirus symptoms
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do
- Get support as an extremely vulnerable person
- Citizens Advice - Coronavirus - what it means for you
- Age UK North Tyneside Information and Advice
- Covid 19 - How to help safely (Gov.UK)
- Covid 19 Myth busters (World Health Organisation)
- Covid 19- Information for the bereaved from UK Government
- Gov.UK - Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can't do