Making sure you and your home stay warm will help to keep you well over the winter months. Many people don't realise that living in a cold home, paritcularly if you already have heart disease or breathing difficulties, can cause serious health problems.
If you are over the age of 65 or have a long term health condition, such as Asthma or Diabetes, you can benefit from a free home visit where we will assess what can be done to make your home snug and cosy, and to help you to stay healthy and well.
During the visit we will either help take action immediately or make onward referrals to assist with the following:
- Grants for heating, insulation and boiler repairs *
- Free radiator reflector panels and draught prooofing to keep heat in your home **
- Advice on free walks and other exercise opportunities in the borough
- Free smoke and carbon monoxide alarms if required
- Free specialist advice on lowering your heating bills whilst keeping warm
- Benefits check
- Advice on keeping healthy and well in winter
For more information, or to book your free visit call 020 8878 3625
* for people who receive certain benefits
** subject to survey