We can help you get online and connected if you are new to the world of computers, or help you develop your existing skills. There are many benefits to being online!
Our comprehensive technology support service can be delivered over the phone, via video conference call or as a one-to-one in person session (at a charge of £10) at our Barnes Green Centre or Twickenham Wellbeing Centre.
We also run tablet and smart phone workshops, as well as friendly, informal computer drop in clubs around the borough.
Finally, you can book a home visit with an Age UK Richmond IT tutor for £15 for an hour.
Our IT tutors are very patient and experienced. We can help with all kinds of queries, including but not limited to:
• Sending emails and searching the internet
• How to make video calls eg Zoom, Skype or FaceTime
• Using free messaging services such as WhatsApp
• Organising digital photos and files
• Using Facebook and other apps
• Synching devices, freeing up memory and passwords
• Resolving technical problems and many more
We have made available a selection of quick guides on how to use Zoom, do online shopping and use Amazon.
- Zoom (download guide here)
- Learn how to do online shopping (download guide here or watch our pre-recorded webinar here)
- How to shop on Amazon (Due to the size of this file, this guide has been split into two parts, download part 1 and part 2)
or call 020 8744 1965.