Age UK Bolton is committed to delivering high quality health and fitness classes suitable for all levels of fitness and mobility What does Age UK Bolton have to offer?
Age UK Bolton has a variety of exercise classes aimed at keeping you fit, active and social. From chair based exercise classes to walking netball and tai chi, we have a class to suit you.
The benefits of physical activity...
Studies have shown that exercise has many benefits, particularly to people in later life. Exercise not only improves physical health but also has a positive effect on people's phycological wellbeing too.
Some of the main benefits of keeping active include:
- helping to maintain the ability to live independently and reducing the risk of falling and fracturing bones
- reducing the risk of coronary heart disease and of developing high blood pressure, colon cancer and diabetes
- can help in reducing blood pressure
- helping people with chronic, conditions improve their stamina and muscle strength
- releasing natural endorphins which make you feel happier
- reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression whilst lifting mood and feelings of well-being
- helping maintain healthy bones, muscles and joints
- helping control joint swellings and pain associated with athritus
- creating new friendships - exercising can be fun!
If they were not enough reasons to get involved, why not come along to one of our classes and find out for yourselves how fantastic exercising can be. Some of our most popular physical activity classes...
Chair Based Exercise
These are fun classes which take place across the whole of the Bolton area. All classes are seated throughout and are therefore suitable for all over 50s.
Tai Chi is one of our most popular classes. The exercise intergrates the physical external and mediative internal of an individual. It is gentle enough to be accessed by the elderly, yet demanding enough to pose a significant challenge to the most athletic.
Please note: Classes last around an hour and you will be on your feet for the duration.
Walking netball is a slow-paced version of the beautiful game and aimed at the over 50s. The game is designed to help people keep an active lifestyle irrespective of their age, as well as getting back those back playing who perhaps had to stop due to injuries. So if you thought your netball days were over, then think again!
Please Note: If you would like to come along to one of our classes, spaces are limited and some of our more popular classes have a waiting list. Please contact the Service Co-ordinator to check class availability prior to attending.
Click HERE to find a list of activities
If you would like to join our excellent team of volunteers and receive quality training to deliver one of our Physical Activity Classes, please get in touch. Alternatively, if you have a passion, hobby or skill that might be of interest to others and you are willing to share, we would love to hear from you.
How to contact us:
For more information about any of our Physical Activity Classes, please contact: Lucy Bird, Community and EDC Service Manager on 01204 337877 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Heather Crook, Operations Director on 01204 701525 or email: email@example.com